domingo, 20 de maio de 2012

Doll Interview Questions from Van's Doll Treasures

Vi uma entrevista a colecionadores de dolls no blog Fashion Dolls at Van's Doll Treasures e resolvi postar aqui. Já que está todo em inglês, vou mantê-lo assim ^^

Tarina Tarantino

When did you start collecting dolls?
In 2008's December. I just couldn't resist to the Disney Princesses' collection by Mattel that had just been released to Christmas' sales.

What was your first purchase as a collector?
That is quite funny. A Teresa Chic 2007. So cheap, and I though she was so cute. It was my first Barbie purchase in adulthood. I started collecting just after this.

How many dolls do you own?
I am not sure... Something around 50 Barbie size dolls, 7 Monster High, 25 Strawberry Shortcake, 5 generic Kelly dolls, 6 My Little Pony, and that's it, I guess.

What is your favorite doll and why?
Tarina Tarantino Barbie. I just LOVE pink hair, and Steffie mould face. This dolls is just perfect.

What doll or dolls are not your favorites and why?
Playlines. Their make up can get off easily, just by handling or by washing their hair. That includes playline Barbies, Disney Princess from Mattel (I really like the Disney Store editions!) and Monster High.

What is the biggest challenge about collecting dolls?
Where to buy them. Now that I only focus on collector's dolls, I can only buy them with a "good price" on ebay. And it takes soo long for them to arrive... And sometimes I have to pay taxes. I miss just ging to a shop, see and touch (the box) and choose a doll personally. I can abrely find collector's Barbie on stores here, and when I do, they are very expensive. Even paying double price on ebay due to shipping costs is still cheaper than buying the same doll in a store here in Brazil.
How do you display or store your dolls?
I still don't have the proper place to display them, so I just store them nude (outfits can stain the body) inside a big box =)

Have you ever been to a doll show?
Nope. I live to far away from anything like this. Unfortunately...
When you travel, do you look for dolls?
Always!
What is your latest purchase?
Stardoll Fallen Angel 1. It is not collectible, but I wanted to have at least one.

What doll is on your wish list now?
None. Right now I just want to give pivotal bodies to my current dolls.

What do you wish you didn’t purchase?
Disney princesses from Mattel, and the loads of playline fairies that I bought in the past years. I already sold the fairies, only the princesses are still left to go.
What is your favorite doll related item?
Tarina's hair! Well, I love her jewelry.
How often do you photo your dolls and what doll is the most photographed
and/or photogenic?

Tarina is my most photographed doll. I almost didn't take nice pics this year. I'm having problems with light, still need some new lamps.
Do you talk to other collectors in person or just on the web?
Just on the web. Sadly I don't know any other collector personaly.
If you had the chance to speak to Mattel or other toy makers, what
would you say?

Variety of colors, mould faces and ethnicity please. And always pivotal bodies! I also like rooted eyelashes. Please, some make up that doesn't get off easily. More colors on outfits, not just pink, ok?
What doll do you wish would be reissued?
Barbie Basics PLEASE! I loved the new paintings with the classic mould faces, as well as the arisings of new ones!
What two dolls would you combine and how would you want them
combined? (Muff style question)
Collectible Barbies with Dynamite Girls' bodies and rooted eyelashes! LOL
If there is something I didn't ask that you would like to say, you can put
that in too.
Just a curiosity. I am also a cosplayer. One day, I truly hope to cosplay a Barbie doll too *o* I just still didin't find the one that suits me better.
Tenham um bom dia!

2 comentários:

  1. Olá a partir de Espanha: e ler a entrevista e me identifico com muitas das suas respostas. Vejo que você tem uma coleção muito variadad de bonecas. Mantenha contato.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Olá Marta! Acabei variando sim minha coleção! Você fez a entrevista também?
    Abraços!

    ResponderExcluir